Five Things to Avoid While Choosing a Pasta Machine
Best pasta makers are ranging from $50 to a few hundred dollars and you should be careful about choosing one. Pasta is not the unhealthy junk food some people like to make it out but the best result needs some preparation. You can only be certain about the ingredients if you’ve put them in your pasta by yourself and that requires a pasta machine to finish. Follow these easy steps to avoid buying one with functions you don’t need, or without options you would have made good use of.
- Don’t buy electric pasta machine if you’re uncertain if you will utilize it. Restaurants that respect themselves make their pasta from scratch and it takes a serious device to make and cut pasta for fifty. At your common household you’ll probably be better off with a manual version that takes more effort to operate but will make up for it in cost and simplicity.
- Don’t buy anything else than stainless steel. Pasta makers love to rust because they’re rarely used and this kind of metal prevents exactly that. You won’t have to worry about it; simply flush under tap water after use. Really comfortable, isn’t it?
- Don’t buy functions you won’t use. There are pasta machines with fifteen different cutting heads and five speeds on the motor, if you are an amateur and make pasta for the fun of making it, you won’t need any of those. Two basic heads are perfect until you’ve mastered every aspect of the spaghetti and feel ready to move on. When that moment comes you’ll still be able to buy new upgrades.
- Don’t forget to check if your stand mixer can be converted to a pasta maker by adding roller heads. Most decent devices are accepting these upgrades and will save you money on the long run. Research and educate yourself on the matter, it never hurts to save a few dollars.
- Don’t forget to read all the reviews until you’re comfortable with going for one best pasta maker or another. There is no use buying a device you will not fully utilize or one that falls apart in two days. Read articles and forum threads and ask friends who possess a pasta maker.
There are many pasta lovers who like to be in control of their own food and a pasta machine gives them total control over what they eat. No preservatives, no extra ingredients just pure pasta as it’s meant to be eaten.
When it comes to cooking your favorite pasta dishes, you probably either already make your own pasta, or it has been a dream of yours to be able to make pasta for the dinners you create for your family. It isn’t as hard as a lot of people may think it is because with a pasta maker, all you have to do is simply mix together the dough ingredients, and adjust your dough to the proper consistency for the type of noodles you are wanting to produce, and then run the dough through the pasta maker, to have your noodles ready to cook on the other side.
Making homemade noodles is an incredible way to add a unique flavor to the dish you are creating, but even though the flavor may be there, you still need the right size and consistency of noodles in order for the dish to come out perfect. For instance, you don’t want macaroni style noodles in a batch of spaghetti. It can be done, and has been done, but when it comes down to it, a bowl of spaghetti needs spaghetti noodles! Creating these thin types of pasta, though, can be a tough task, so I definitely recommend using a best pasta maker.
Having different types of dies to use makes handling different types of pastas a breeze. If you change out the type of die, or grid, that you are using you can easily go from making one type of noodle over to another, for creating different types of delicious pasta dishes. There are smaller hand held devices that you simply roll over the dough to form noodles, and then there is a pasta machine that makes the work a lot easier. There are even electric pasta machines that mix all the ingredients for you to form the pasta dough. With most pasta machines, all you have to do is put the dough into the roller, and start turning the handle to get noodles out on the other side.
Probably one of the best pasta machines there is the Imperia pasta machine; I think I have seen these in more restaurants than any other type of pasta machine. If so many chefs are using this type, then I figure it’s a smart idea to shop for the same one, right? Invest in a pasta machine for your kitchen and you’ll never have to eat the pre-packaged type again; you won’t want to after experiencing the taste of fresh, homemade pasta.