How to reheat pasta
It never hurts to know a few tricks to reheat food and that these are not ruined with a bad texture, are runny, dry, hard, or only get hot in some parts.
The pasta can be reheated in a stove, microwave oven, and conventional oven. We share some tips that will facilitate the task, especially if our food is not accompanied by a sauce.
Option 1. If we prepare large quantities of pasta with the intention of saving for the next few days, it is advisable to also reserve a cup of the cooking water.
When reheating in the pan add a tablespoon of water per serving and stir the pasta gently.
Option 2. Add melted butter or oil to the pan, and then add the pasta. Stir occasionally while it heats up.
If the pasta that we heat in the pan is accompanied by a sauce, and it looks dry, it is advisable to add more sauce.
Option 3. Many times we keep cooked pasta without sauce. In this case, it is advisable to immerse it in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove and drain immediately. Serve alone, add to a sauce, or add to another dish.
So that our pasta is not too hot on the edges and very cold in the center. Place it in a large container and make a space in the center, as if you were forming a donut, this will help the heat to distribute evenly.
So that it doesn’t dry out, you can cover it with plastic wrap, leaving a corner slightly open to allow the steam to escape.
It is advisable to heat in portions and not large quantities at the same time.
Reheating pasta in the oven is a good option if it involves several servings.
- Set the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C) and wait for it to preheat. Add the pasta to a baking sheet.
- Spread the paste on a baking sheet so it heats up evenly.
- Add your cooking water or more sauce to keep it moist (especially if it is lasagna)
- Cover the pasta with aluminum foil to retain moisture and set it to bake.
- It will be ready in 15-20 minutes. Take out the pasta and to check, place a metal fork in the center of the pasta tray and wait for 10 to 15 seconds, the tip of the fork should heat up. If not, put the tray back in the oven.