Serves/Makes: 6 – 8 servings
- 2 1/2 cups chopped, cooked Chicken
- 1 14-oz. pkg of (Birds Eye) frozen Ultimate Southwest Vegetable Blend, thawed
- 1 1/2 jars of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Hunts Sweet and Spicy) (Reserve the other 1/2 jar, in case pasta seems dry)
- 1 pkg of Rotini Pasta
- 1 cup of shredded colby-jack cheese (or other shredded cheese)
How to cook BBQ Chicken Pasta:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan place cooked chicken, thawed vegetable blend, and BBQ sauce; put on low heat and allow to simmer slowly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and combine well with chicken/vegetable mixture.
- Place pasta in a 9×13-inch baking dish; top with cheese and place in oven about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
The Birds Eye Vegetable blend has corn, black beans, onions and diced chilies, which compliment this dish. My family loves this, especially when made with BBQ chicken from the day before.
This recipe for BBQ Chicken Pasta serves/makes: 6 – 8 servings