Serves/Makes: 4 – 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion – chopped
- 16 oz pasta (farfalle, tortellini, etc), cooked and drained
- Butternut squash (2-3 lbs)- peeled, cubed and cooked
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Small handful of fresh sage – finely chopped
- 1 granny smith apple – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lb ground hot turkey sausage, cooked & drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Autumn Pasta in Spicy Butternut Squash Sauce:
- Add olive oil to a skillet and cook onion on low until caramelized.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- To a food processor, add squash cubes, garlic, caramelized onion, sage, and apple; puree.
- Add chicken stock (about 1 cup) and spices until desired consistency and taste.
- Add squash sauce to drained pasta.
- Toss and top with the spicy turkey sausage, grated asiago, and fresh sage.
This recipe for Autumn Pasta in Spicy Butternut Squash Sauce serves/makes: 4 – 6 servings