Serves/Makes: 4 servings
- 2 heads broccoli, cooked and strained
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch basil leaves, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, sliced in wedges
- 10-12 button mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups rigatoni, or choice of pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Broccoli Pesto:
- Put a large pot of water and 1 tsp salt on the stove and bring to a boil.
- In a food processor, puree broccoli, basil, parsley, garlic and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Should be the consistency of a thick tomato sauce, if not, add some more stock.
- Place sauce into a pot on medium low heat, stirring frequently.
- Slice chicken into long strips and salt and pepper them.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan.
- Once heated, put chicken in and cook until light golden at a medium high temperature.
- Add chicken to sauce.
- Once sauce is heated, add Parmesan cheese.
- Once water comes to a boil, add pasta.
- Heat up 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add onions and cook for 2 minutes on medium high.
- Add mushrooms and cook until a golden brown and add to sauce.
- Adjust sauce as needed with salt and pepper.
This recipe for Broccoli Pesto serves/makes: 4 servings.