Pasta Salad With Tuna
We present a recipe for classic pasta salad with tuna, perhaps the best known, with tuna, vegetables, and eggs. And we love preparing a good pasta salad when the heat arrives, the kind you do not fancy more than cool things.
The salmorejo and gazpacho are my favorites, but I also love salads. It could be all week with a salad jacket, rice salad or of course, a pasta salad.
They are very nutritious recipes, easy to prepare and easy to eat. You can also prepare them to your liking, with the ingredients that you like the most. In the blog, you have a lot of proposals, but I think that today, is the most classic, with tuna and egg.
We can use the pasta that we like the most, but for this type of salads, we preferably use thick and short pasta, if possible of quality.
The combination of egg, tuna, tomato, and olives, along with the oregano and pasta, I’m sure you love this pasta salad with tuna and olives as much as I do.
This recipe is within the classic recipes, a salad where the star ingredients are tuna and pasta.
The only novelty, which for me was a discovery, is to add a little bit of raw red pepper to the salad, very small, it gives a fresh and new touch, We recommend it and it is important for pasta salad with tuna.
The secret, the usual, quality ingredients, some boiled eggs, tuna in extra virgin olive oil, to make the most of it for the seasoning, a cured cheese that you like, a good pasta, in this case, the classic macaroni, Penne Mezzani Rigate Garofalo and some fresh and quality vegetables.
- For the salad: 200 g. of canned tuna (your favorite brand)
- 200 g of Garofalo pasta (in this case Penne Mezzani Rigate macaroni)
- 2 carrots
- 3 salad tomatoes
- 4 camper eggs
- 125 g. of sweet corn
- 100 g of pitted olives
- 100 g of red pepper
- For the vinaigrette: 125 ml. of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml. of sherry vinegar
- 100 g of grated cheese
- 15 g. of dried oregano (2 teaspoons dessert type)
- Salt (to the taste of each house)
You may like- Top 10 Italian pasta dishes
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water during the time indicated by the manufacturer.
- The cooking time will depend on the size of the pasta we use and the brand. So it’s best to be guided by what the package tells us.
- Drain the pasta once cooked, and cool with cold water to cut the cooking. We drain again and reserve.
- The next step will be to cook the boiled eggs. Cover a small saucepan or pan with cold water and cook for 12 minutes after boiling.
- We should not cook them any longer because of a dark halo of greenish color forms.
- It remains around the unpleasant yolk in sight, we drain and reserve. With these indications, you have to be perfect.
Preparation of the accompaniment of the salad
- Grate the carrots and sprinkle with a splash of vinegar to prevent rust and darken.
- Cut the red pepper into small pieces. We reserve
- We chop the tomato into more or less large pieces, according to the taste of each one. If the tomatoes are of much better quality.
- If not, we will achieve a better result and taste with this little trick.
- It is best to peel the tomatoes in the salad, chop them beforehand and add them to the salad.
The final presentation of the pasta and tuna salad. Dressing and mixing
- In a large bowl add the cooked pasta and add the grated carrot, chopped pepper, olives, and sweet corn and stir well.
- We incorporated the sliced tomatoes and the tinned tuna more or less crumbled.
- We salt and stir well to integrate all the ingredients.
- If the tuna has a quality oil, a good extra virgin olive oil.
- We will use it later to dress the salad if not, drain and discard the extra virgin olive oil. We chop the eggs and add them to the salad.
- Prepare the dressing by shredding the cheese and mix everything in a bowl, with olive oil, a splash of vinegar and oregano.
- We will have a very thick sauce due to the cheese, but when added to the salad it will be distributed perfectly.
- Put everything together with a wooden spoon, mixing all the ingredients well.
- We put in the fridge to cool a bit, it will be perfect well chilled, just delicious.
And if you’re not a friend of canned tuna, you can make a pasta salad with chicken, it’s also yummy.