Pasta With Shrimp
A good option for a healthy and low-fat dish is one whose ingredient is a superfood; example, garlic. Although its use is more like seasoning, this plant favors the health of the coronary arteries. We share the best Pasta With Shrimp recipe.
It also strengthens the immune system, to prevent tick bites and to treat infections by bacteria and fungi, ”says an article from the National Library of Medicine in the United States.
Garlic is a great ally against stress and fatigue. Discover its benefits in this low-fat recipe.
- 400 grams of medium shrimp
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 lemons
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soup base
- 1/4 onion
- 350 grams of linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- Peel the garlic cloves and mash them with a knife, squeeze them with a garlic squeezer.
- Mix in bowl garlic, juice and zest of 1 lemon, olive oil, Italian pepper, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Peel and clean the shrimp and add them to the bowl with the garlic, mix well.
- While the shrimp is marinated, put in a pot: water, shrimp shells, and onion. Let it boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. Then strain to remove the peels and onion, with this you get a shrimp broth.
- Cook a large pot with plenty of water and salt. Once it boils add the pasta and cook until it is ready (2 minutes less than the box indicates). Strain and store 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a pan over high heat and cook the shrimp until they are pink. Remove the shrimp and add what’s left of your marinade, add 1 cup of shrimp broth and 1/2 cup of pasta water and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Add the zest and juice of the other lemon, butter and parsley, and mix. Add shrimp and pasta, mix well and serve.
According to a study from the Stanford University School of Medicine in California, garlic-containing allicin reduces total cholesterol and triglyceride levels. However, this element can be found when this plant is crushed.